Nextcloud @ DofTNet
DofT has set up a Nextcloud instance which you can log into using your DofTNet username and password. The main interface for your Nextcloud @ DofTNet account is via the web at cloud.doft.net. The Nextcloud user manual PDF file will be included in your files when you first log in but you can also browse the manuals at docs.nextcloud.com
From the web interface, you'll have direct access to:
- Files: organize, view, download, upload, and share. Some file types can be edited inside your browser
- Activity: A log of your cloud activities
- Gallery: Browse your photos and other images
- Talk: Video, voice and text chats
- Contacts: View, organize, and edit your contact lists
- Calendar: Create and share calendars and calendar events
- Search: Search for files based name or content
- Passman: Store account passwords in an encrypted vault, generate strong passwords for your online accounts.
- Flowupload: Bulk file uploads
- DofTNet Webmail: well... that's just a link to DofTNet Webmail
- Tasks: create and manage task lists (associated with your calendars)
The following apps are also installed:
- Antivirus: ClamAV checks uploaded files and does periodic scans on files already on the system.
- Collabora Online: Edit office documents, spreadsheets, and slide shows.
- Pico CMS: A simple content management system to allow you to create and edit websites (like this one)
Desktop and Mobile Apps
Files can be synchronized between your computer and Nextcloud using the desktop clients available for Windows, MacOS, and Linux. Mobile apps are also available for Android and Apple devices. Visit the Mobile & Desktop Settings page (requires login) or the Nextcloud Clients page for information on desktop and mobile clients.
There is also an Android app for Passman which gives you secure access to passwords stored in your cloud account on your android device.
Browser plugins are available for Chrome and Firefox: (We'll provide links soon!)
- Talk: Share your desktop during a video chat
- Passman: Get access to your stored passwords to quickly log in to your online accounts. Plugins available for Chrome and Firefox.
That's a lot of stuff...
We'll provide additional information on how to set each of these apps up as we find the time.